Model Description: APC RBC27 Battery Pack
Compatibility: SU2200RMXL3U, SU3000RMXL3U, SU48RMXLBP3U, SU48R3XLB
Condition: Brand new fresh stock
Includes: RBC27 Replacement Battery Cartridge (complete, plug and play installation)
Warranty: 1 year full replacement warranty included, additional warranty is available
Life time expectancy: 3-5 years
Manufacturer: UPS Battery Center Ltd.
The APC RBC27 replacement battery cartridge consists of high quality UPS Rated batteries that are designed to provide excellent performance and long life in mission criticial power backup devices. This battery pack meets and exceeds original manufacturer's specifications.
Our batteries are new and always fresh stock. The RBC27 battery pack is covered by our industry leading 1 year replacement warranty. Extended warranty of up to 3 years is available for your convenience. Our warranty is inclusive of shipping costs and is hassle free, the only warranty of this kind in the marketplace.
The APC RBC27 replacement battery pack is complete, no assembly is required. Installation in to the UPS is quick and easy, plug and play. There's no need to shut down the UPS when replacing battery packs.
RBC27 Installation Instructions:
1. Using both hands, one on either side of the bezel (front cover) remove it by pulling it away from the UPS chassis. Set aside where it won't be stepped on or damaged.
2. Locate the white cord attached to the battery module blue connector plug. Grab the cord and pull toward you until the blue connector plug is disconnected. DO NOT pull the cables coming out of the battery modules, use the cord.
3. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two mount screws located at the top corners of the battery pack. Set the screws aside in a safe place as you will need to replace them later.
4. Pull the battery module by the handle toward you to slide the battery module out of the UPS. Be careful, it is heavy. Have a second hand ready to suppot it as it slides out. DO NOT pull on the battery cables or the white cord.
5. Align the RBC27 battery module into the opening by holding the battery handle and the bottom of the battery module as you slide the battery pack into the UPS. DO NOT use the battery cables or the white cord as means of support when sliding the battery module into the UPS chassis.
6. Use a Phillips screwdriver to re-install the two mount screws located at the top corners of the battery pack.
7. Connect the blue battery wire connector into the mating connector in the UPS.
8. Re-attach front bezel. Align the tabs on the side of the bezel with the slots on the front of the UPS and gently snap it into place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the battery be swapped live or do I need to shut down the UPS when replacing the battery?
The RBC27 can be installed live (hot swap). The unit does not need to be shut down when replacing the battery pack
How many RBC27's do I need for the SU48RMXLBP3U?
The SU48RMXLBP3U battery pack has two RBC27's installed. You will need two RBC27's. Both battery modules need to be replaced at once to ensure optimum performance. The SU48R3XLBP3U also requires two RBC27's.
I have changed the battery pack in my UPS but PowerChute does not show the run time has increased. Do I have a problem with my UPS?
The microprocessor in the UPS might need time to adjust to the new battery pack or a UPS calibration may be required. Leave the UPS charging for 8 hours then check the run time. If the run time has not increased, perform a run time calibration.
How do I clear the Replace Battery LED?
To clear Replace Battery LED, a valid self test needs to be performed. For a Self Test to be valid, these conditions need to be met: Minimum of 4 bars on the battery graph and/or the unit must have been charging for 8 hours from the last low battery condition.
How to initiate a Self Test once the above conditions have been met:
1. Hold the TEST button on the front of the UPS for a minute
2. Use PowerChute to initiate a Self Test
3. Use the interface of a SmartSlot Management card (ie AP9606, AP9617, AP9619, AP9630, AP9631)
4. Restart the UPS
I replaced my old RBC27 with a new RBC27, followed the above procedures, but the Replace Battery LED is still on, what do I do?
Wait for the UPS to show more than 4 bars on the battery graph (leave it for up to 8 hours), then turn off the UPS, restart it. This should clear the error. If it does not, get in touch with us and we will help you troubleshoot and clear the error